Richard Tan is currently part of the offensive security consultant team at The Missing Link where he provides penetration testing and red teaming services to clients across various industries (e.g. airlines, finance, entertainment, retail, and government). Prior to working with The Missing Link, he worked at Deloitte as a penetration tester where he was provided the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 companies across various industries. During that period he was promoted to Specialist Senior where he took on lead roles in engagements and provided mentoring to graduates and analyst in his team.
Prior to entering the Infosec world, he worked as Network Engineer at Ticketmaster where he was responsible for managing network and cloud infrastructure for large venues, datacenters, and corporate offices globally.
He first started his career following his graduation as a Mechatronics Engineer working for Siemens, where he played an important role in designing and commissioning communication systems for complex Rail Transporation Systems in New Zealand and Australia.
He currently has a combined experience of 10 years across both Engineering and Information Security.
He also currently holds the following industry certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CREST Registered Penetration Tester (CRT PEN)
- Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
- Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- CompTIA Linux (Powered by LPI)
- Linux Professional Institute (LPIC-1)
- SUSE Certified Linux Admnistrator
- CompTIA Security + ce
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Security (CCNA-Security)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- VMWare Certified Professional 5 - DCV [Expired